The following is to be done on-premise (where the main Altaro VM Backup installation resides).
- Ensure that you have Altaro VM Backup 6.5.5 or newer installed.
- Ensure that you have an active internet connection from the machine which you would like to link (other Hyper-V Hosts linked to the Installation do not require an internet connection).
- Ensure that communication to the following is not blocked:
- Launch the Altaro VM Backup Management Console.
- Click on the new [CMC] icon at the top right of the window.
- A Wizard will be displayed to allow you to link this installation.
- Use an Altaro CMC temporary Access Key or your Altaro CMC account credentials to authenticate the Installation and register it.
- Click [Next] and confirm registration by clicking [Register]